CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 17, 2006

Changing seasons

This being our first year in Hong Kong, everything is new, including the changing of the seasons. We don't have too much oppurtunity to see fresh buds on the trees for spring and orange and red leaves to know fall is on the way. But I think winter is about done here.

It has been weeks since the temperature has fallen below 17degrees. Another tell tale sign for me has been the humidity. Now when I walk outside, even if it looks deceptivly overcast and maybe chilly, the air is warm and thick with moisture. A simple walk up the block produces an all over body sweat. A hike up to the Peak yesterday turned our backs into river beds. And I have stopped lugging a sweater with me everywhere; I don't ever wear it anymore but have it "just in case".

It is going to be a shock to the system to visit Vancouver this weekend. With single digit temperatures and the threat of "wet snow" it sounds like an alternate universe!!

0 comments: