CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

my rant

You know what I hate about Hong Kong?
That I had to hit 5 grocery stores to get the ingredients to do my Christmas baking.
And even then I was forced to resort to mass substitutions because so many things aren't available here.

After my mad baking spree I became ill so I didn't even taste any of my creations before I handed them out to my unsuspecting friends. Heaven knows what they now think of me!

Here's my list of subs:

peanut butter chips + a good squirt of caramel sauce = butterscotch chips
full sized regular marshmallows cut up into 4's = small fruit flavor marshmallows
parchment paper = wax paper
shortening and a hunk of butter = golden shortening
pre-made graham crust crumbled up = graham crumbs
Pillsbury pie crust cut up= tart shells
teddy bear cookie cutter = gingerbread man cookie cutter

I think that's all.

Oh and while I'm at it...you what pisses me off? Less than 30 minutes after I changed the bedding Lexi pisses on the bed. Bad Kitty.

K, I'm done.

1 comments:

Hilary said...

awh, too bad, but I bet your baking still tasted really good