CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Recipe of the Day


I just made this the other morning. It was so yummy and filling, which was the main part:) You see, I just couldn't get full. I had already eaten 2 breakfasts and it was only 10am!

When Suds finally dragged his butt outta bed I made this for 3rd breakfast AKA brunch.
Suds ate his with maple syrup and I ate mine with Indian Mango Pickle (an acquired taste and so far I am the only person I know to have acquired it!)
I made it with a fairly dense multigrain bread but I think a lighter bread would be able to soak up the eggyness better. Let me know what you think if you make it!!

SPICY FRENCH TOAST

3 eggs
1 Tbsp milk
pinch of slat
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1 green chili, finely chopped (i find using scissors is the best way)
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 onion, minced
1 Tbsp oil
4 slices of bread, crusts removed (mine only made enough for 3 slices)

Combine the eggs, milk, salt, turmeric, cumin, chili, melted butter and onion. Whisk well.
Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Dip each slice of bread, one at a time, into the egg mixture. Transfer slices to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes over medium heat until light brown in color. Flip and cook on other side. Serve hot.

1 comments:

DANCE MONSTER said...

I made this last night. It was pretty good.