CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 09, 2008

We Will Rock You

We recently attended a rock musical called We Will Rock You. It is a live theater production set to the music of Queen, a similar idea to Momma Mia. Those who know me well will know that I like Queen as much as I like Ozzy and Black Sabath. But I dragged Suds to Elton, so I owed him one :)

The night started well with a free bus trip to Wan Chai because of a faulty Octopus reader. Then because it was a slow Wednesday night, the cheap seats we bought up in the rafters were upgraded to back row floor seats. Sweet!


I really enjoyed the show. The lead singer (the 3 place finalist in Rockstar INXS reality show) was excellent! The storyline was weak, but the energy was great!

The story takes place in a tongue-in-cheek dystopian future where originality and individualism are shunned, and a lone "Dreamer" appears who can fulfil a prophecy that will enable the return of rock 'n roll. (Thank you Wikipedia)

If it comes to a theater near you, I reccommend going to see it!

0 comments: