CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 02, 2009

More New York


Ella and I got up early one morning and headed to the Today show. It was bitter cold so we didn't last long before heading back to the hotel.





Too bad Meredith and Al were on holidays

Ann Curry and Matt Lauer














I had a nice tall man take some photos for me above all the heads. I was too short!







After a warm up and breakkie Ella and I jumped on the hop on/off bus for a tour of the city.

This is the Hearst building, a mix of old and new.







Ella wasn't a fan of sitting in the Ergo carrier and it wasn't long before her fussing encouraged me to get off. Here we are taking a break in a Starbucks. New York is the only place we've been with more Starbucks than Vancouver. New York is super saturated with the coffee chain. There are literally at least one in every block, in every direction everywhere you go in the city. I've never seen anything like it!

We got off at the Empire States building. We didn't think it was too great. We liked the Chrysler building much better (but didn't get a picture of it)

This was one of the last pictures I took on the tour. Poor Ella was overtired and I couldn''t get her to sleep on the bus with everything going on. She cried and cried and against the protestations of the other passengers, I felt I had no choice but to get off bus. Eventually we finished the tour but I wasn't able to get off and explore. With Ella finally asleep I just waned the day over and get back to the hotel ASAP. Next time I'll have to explore SOHO and the Village. They looked really cool as we dove thru them.

Here is Ella chilling on Marilyn Monroe's famous subway grate.

0 comments: