CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 07, 2010


Ella helped me to bake a cake. Thank you Dad and Judy for the Wacki Cake recipe!

It was all going well until we hit the cream cheese icing.
I realized too late that I did not have icing sugar. I thought I could substitute normal sugar. That does not work people.

So in order to try to disguise that sugar crystal feel to the icing, I added in some coconut, coconut extract and then topped the whole thing with sprinkles. Ella loved loved LOVED putting sprinkles on the cake.
I don't think I would say all that really disguised the mistake with the icing, though.
But whatever. It still tasted good.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Ella looks so proud of herself and grown up! I've heard that you can make icing sugar from granulated sugar by putting it in a food processor.

DANCE MONSTER said...

Love this one! You're so thrifty...musta been a girl guide!