CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

One more day


I only have one more day to get ready for Ryan's parents visit. How am I ever going to get everything done? I have deceided to add some extra stress to myself because I am a nutcase. I have designed a semi privacy curtain for the bed. I spent all day yesterday traipsing around looking for fabric. I finally deceided on a brown cordoroy. Now I need to find a curtain rod and instal it but I don't have a drill or screwdriver. I also don't have a needle, thread or proper scissors....how did I get myself into this? As well as the curtain, I have a hike and lunch with The Wives, laundry, grocery shopping, and a final clean. How did I ever manage to sqwish a full time job into my life?
As you can see, I also do not have a measuring tape. Being the resourceful gal that I am, I used one of my belts. The guy at the fabric store definetly looked at me oddly. However, I now know that that particular belt is almost exactly 1 meter long...or is it one yard?

1 comments:

Buck'n Beaver said...

Awesome! As Suds will attest I too have installed a privacy curtain - the curtains previously hung in your lovely home. The joy of studio living.

The ingenious measuring device must be a family trait as I myself used the "hanging device" to measure as marked by masking tape markers. It worked.

Word to the wise. I used plant "hooks" (remember the previous plant hook disaster?) So to avoid a similar fate I just had Will screw them in. Bad plan. Getting a hole anyway!

So, I applaud your decision to go for the rod. I spent a fotune on a beautiful "cord" at Chinz and it now bowes between my lovely growing hole!