CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 10, 2006

Showing off our new city




Our first visters have arrived!! There has been a lot for them to get used to, but they have adapted well.

The first day we headed to the Man Po temple up the street, which is cloudy with insence smoke. Next we took the bus to Aberdeen to that fabulous floating restaurant for lunch. Yesterday we took the big trek to Shenzhen for a day of mainland China bargain shopping and ended the day with massages and mani's pedi's. Our take this time? Calloway golf clubs, golf shoes and shirt, Diesel jeans, and sox for Suds, an LV purse, 2 pairs of sunglasses, shoes, and tons of pearls for Linda, 2 more pairs of jeans for me (Rock and Republic and True Religon), and a couple of tank tops. So much fun!!!

Today we are headed to Times Square mall (over 10 floors of shopping) and hopefully to the Peak lookout if the smog clears up.



Oh and by the way, about the curtains....Afterwearing myself out searching for a curtain rod and screws, I come home exhausted. I am on the bed wondering about the intelligence of standing on a wobbly chair on top of the mattress so I can reach where I want the rod intalled when I realize that one of the walls is made of cement. I had not thought of checking what the walls were made of before I started this. I am clearly not a proffessional.
So I simply gave up. I threw all my supplies into the back of the closet and spent the rest of the night doing nothing and watching bad TV. Maybe when the next set of guests arrive I will have it done.

0 comments: