CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Flash floods

Here is a little before and after. We thought the sign was funny, not imagining that with some rain a flash flood could really happen!!

The typhoon has passed. It didn't hit Hong Kong, we just got dumped on with rain. Yesterday afternoon I thought the rain had stopped and ran to the store (about 2 blocks away). Halfway there it started to spit a little and I had no umbrella. I figured I'd be fine...famous last words. When I came out of the store it was PISSING!! Just raining like you wouldn't believe! I waited under cover for a few minutes, but this was no passing shower. I decided to make a run for it. Ducking beneath awnings and taking brief cover in doorways, I ran for the apartment. It was about a 2 1/2 minute journey.
No joke, by the time I got home, I had rivers of water running beneath my clothing. I looked like I had taken a shower in my clothes. Not the most opportune time to be wearing a white t-shirt. I am sure I gave the local shop guys a good show! And possibly the neighbor cause I took my clothes and shoes off in the hallway. Whatever.

0 comments: