CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mid-Levels escalator


Here I am the other day heading up the escalator.
You can't really tell, but it is pouring with rain!! The kind were you are instantly soaked. The thing that makes it different here is that it's warm as well, so your clothes dry really fast.
The escalator is great. Everything is built up a hill in this area. In the morning from 7-10:30 it goes down and then till about midnight it goes up. It must go for at least 10 blocks. It saved us from getting too soaked this day and when its hot it saves you a long climb up the stairs and a little extra sweat.
Today it is stormy again with 3 warnings issued already, a Thunderstorm Warning, an Amber Rainstorm warning and a storm standby Signal #1!! I am still waiting for my first real Typhoon.
**UPDATE**
Have now been updated to a Storm warning level 3 and a Red Rain warning! It is pouring outside with lightning and thunder galore! I don't think it is safe for me to go out, so I might have to skip the gym. Shame.

5 comments:

DANCE MONSTER said...

Are you wearing a fluorescent green shirt in this picture???

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

Yes. You know me. I love neon! It couldn't possibly be the lighting.

Hilary said...

where's my comment? did you delete it?

Hilary said...

well it's not the same now. Something along the lines of:

Is Amber Rain better than Red Rain? I assume it's not going to be rainging blood coloured rain? And is level 3 good or bad? If it is going to be raining red, a Lime green shirt is probably a good choice. Is the lightning anything like the lightning storm whit and I saw?

Ryan and Sarah Sutherland said...

When the rain gets updated to red it means MORE. I think amber was 30mm per hour? I warning are off the weather link so I am not sure.
Cyclone warnings go level 1, 3, 8 and 10. At 8 everything closes, transportaion is shut down and everyone gets to go home from work. My main question is, why don't the numbers just go 1,2,3,4??
The lightning wasn't as bad as the one you guys saw. That storm was crazy. Nothing but constant lightning strikes for over an hour!