CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Caving

We went Adventure Caving outside of Oudtshoorn. It was wild! The formations were spectacular. They grow incredibly slowly, which makes them all the more amazing.

The tour took about 2 hours

























I really meant it when I said adventure!
There were parts like this we had to belly crawl thru. I was wearing new shorts and was not impressed that they might get covered with slime and mud.






This part was called the Mailbox. We had to pull ourselves up thru a tight chamber then crawl along for a couple feet. Then push our feet thru an opening only 12 inches high and drop down to the cavern below. (not Suds in the picture)

Parts were scary but overall it was really neat!

5 comments:

Jason W said...

Nice! Did you enjoy it???

jawa12083.blogspot.com

Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

i hate new google blogger!!!! those up there where me trying to ask what is growing slowly? and i am hyperventilating (well not literally) looking at that photo. i can just feel the muggy "you are trapped" air in there.

DANCE MONSTER said...

I think she means the formations in the cave were growing...I think the ones on the roof are called stalactites and the ones on the floor are stalagmites. And yes I am a nerd and used to collect rocks when I was younger.