CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 30, 2007

Housewife Tip of the Day


I don't know about you, but I hate that smell towels can get. You know, that stinky musty smell they get from staying damp and not getting thrown into the dryer right away. It is so humid here it is hard for me to stay on top of the situation.

Once your towels have that smell, plain & simple washing will not solve the problem. I have thrown out towels that could not be saved. I have now found the solution!

Set the water temperature to hot and use the pre-soak feature. Add in 2 cups of white vinegar. (I only had cider vinegar in the house and it worked fine! My towels are a dark color, don't know if I would try cider vinegar with white towels). When pre-soak is done, add in your normal amount of detergent and 1 cup of baking soda. Wash as usual and voila!!! Fresh smelling towels!!


See these towels I spied crumbled on the floor? They are prime candidates for "the smell"

0 comments: