CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 24, 2006

Vancouver Visiting

WOW! The weather here is amazing right now! I am nice and brown after a few days lazing on the beach at English Bay. I am staying at my sister Whitney's apartment in the West End for a few days while she is on a business trip. It is so great to be downtown, I might extend my stay and check out the Symphony of Fire fireworks on Wednesday. What else have I been doing while here???

Our baseball team the 420's had their end of season playoffs July 15th and 16th. Suds managed to get a little time in, but it wasn't our season this year; we were content to watch everyone else play! They came in first place so it was very exciting!!

My Grandma turned 90! and Judy Burgon hosted a tea for her on Monday that was very nice.

I stayed 3 nights with Barbara, Francis and the two kids. I watched Jacob getting into trouble in the neighbourhood, brushed up on my Thomas the Tank Engine movies and Leggo construction, and even braved a trip to Metrotown!! Shopping with two kiddies was a breeze after the hell of parking that massive truckbeast!!
Barb has a great guest room and shouldn't worry about it not seeing any action...once word gets out she will have a hard time kicking people out! Not only did I get a big comfy pillow filled bed, but my own TV, an empty chest of drawers to put my clothes and also a little chest holding things I might have forgotten like toothbrush and shampoo. Very interesting to see what my life could be like in a few years with 2 kids...my hat goes off to Barbara!!! Although it doesn't look easy, at least she has stayed (somewhat) sane :)
And just to defend the slander I read about myself on HER blog, it was not I that kept her up till 5:30am, I distinclty remember her saying "I'm not drunk. Maybe I'll have one more beer" I think we were both to blame, and both suffered the next day for it. lol

I have seen two movies; such a treat without the pesky Chinese subtitles! The Devil Wears Prada was more entertaining and definetly shorter the the Pirates sequel.

Suds had to leave after just a few days here. He is now in Rome! I am so jealous! I have encouraged him to post some pics of that trip on the blog when he gets back!! So look forward to those!

1 comments:

Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

slander? no slander!! i simply meant holly cow i usually struggle to stay awake 'till midnight! ....and MAN you just wouldn't stop talking!!! ...i was gonna say it's nice to see that i wasn't the only one stuck at home on such a nice weekend but... wait i can't do that. I AM NOT BITTER!!!!!