CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Back to solid food!


Suds and I have been on an all liquid cleanse since Thursday. Apparently a good cleanse is the cure for all that ails you. I will spare you the gory details of what we went thru.

All we were able to eat was a drink made of distilled water, juice from half a lemon, some maple syrup and some cayenne pepper. Suds faired better than I....I spent a couple days in bed till the afternoon moaning and complaining. Anyone unfortunate enough to be in the same house as me when I am really sick can feel Sudsy's pain. Yeah, he basically lost all respect for me, especially since the whole cleanse was my idea!

We caved a day early (thank god!!) and this drink of freshly squeezed orange juice is our first thing of substance and/or taste in 6 days!! We were supposed to only drink OJ all day to ease our bodies into solid food, but screw that! For lunch we popped into a little Chinese lunch place and pointed to a plate of noodles from the illustrated menu. What bliss!
The good news is we both lost some weight, although we expect to gain half of it back, bummer. We are going to try to permanently change our diet now, eliminating dairy (except cheese,which is classified a necessity) and just over all try attempt to be healthier. Wish us luck!

0 comments: